Friday, October 7, 2011

Another General Conference

Interesting how I wrote last General Conference and here I am again...exactly six months later. I guess I remember we have a blog about every six months...haha.

Just to catch up, we are now living in good ol' Memphis, Tennessee. Long explanation short, Memphis is a little bit different than Provo. Ya know, just guns, shootings, bad guys, and robbers...nothing more to worry about than what we already worried about in Utah. :) Jeff is busy with school doing 8 am - 5 pm. He then comes home and puts in a few more hours studying after dinner. It has been quite the adjustment for us, but four years will go quickly, I am sure. I am busy teaching third grade. I have been surprised that this year has been more time consuming and difficult than my first year. The interesting thing is that I have less students this year than last...and I still am putting in a great deal more of time. It might be due to the commuting. I commute 35-45 minutes there and back daily. The things we do to be in a safe part of town. School starts at 9 and doesn't end til 4. Boo! Yes, research says that is better hours for the young learners...tiring for the teachers though!

I work with the young women at church which I have really enjoyed. I teach three Sundays during the month and rotate around to all the different age groups. I have enjoyed that because I have gotten to know all the girls. I am so impressed with this upcoming generations. I look at them and wonder "Where are the crazy Jills, the crazy KaiLanis, the crazy Kammies?" The girls are SO well mannered and behaved! Way more mature than I was...then again, maybe my friends were just immature and I had no way to avoid it...ha!

We are doing well here. We miss our families...even living 5 hours from Knoxville, we rarely visit Jeff's family. I decided we have to live next to family for the rest of our lives. I want our children to know their grandparents, cousins, etc...and I want to be able to be close to fam too. This is just another page in our story. Maybe I'll write again in April. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment